Sep 18, 2019
Today on The Next Level, Andy
Kushner is speaking with Valerie Gernhouser, Owner of Sapphire
Events. She also created Sapphire Sessions Speaking Tour, a
specialized program for wedding planners and event
They speak this week about
Carrie Goldberg, the Travel and Wedding Director at Harpers Bazaar.
She oversees all things bridal, weddings, and travel for
Bazaar.com. She is also responsible for content strategy and
visuals for Bazaar's digital travel and wedding verticals, and
editor of Bazaar's new subscription program called Bazaar
Valerie chats with us about her
views, in addition to Carrie’s, on redefining luxury, how it is a
feeling, not about how much money you spend. She also agrees with
Carrie that brides and grooms are more focused on the emotions,
what makes it unique, and that it’s all about the guests enjoying
This is also a conversation
about millennials, the digital natives. Anything they want is at
their fingertips, and they are very adept at finding it. You won't
want to miss it, so tune in and enjoy the discussion.
- [01:08] Welcome to the show Valerie, it's great
to have you back!
- [02:28] Andy and Valerie discuss Carrie's
thoughts on redefining luxury.
- [03:15] Valerie agrees that luxury is about how
- [04:10] You can't put a price on the unique
experience, it only happens once in a lifetime.
- [04:35] People getting married seem to want to
focus more on the people that are attending the
- [05:12] Four-day weddings allow more
opportunities to spend time with the people that attend and it
gives more opportunity to wear more outfits!
- [07:05] Valerie says that millennials were born
into this digital world and they are very adept at finding out any
information they need in minutes.
- [08:43] They discuss that people today want
events that are more personal and that are an extension of their
- [11:05] Millenials are of a mindset that things
can change on a dime. Nothing is guaranteed.
- [11:25] They chat about Carrie's view of brides
returning to the essentials and what makes it unique.
- [12:29] Valerie believes that there is a return
to a more general consideration of people's feelings.
- [13:58] Brides and grooms feel a sense of
empowerment because they can contribute to their own
Follow The Wedding Biz on
The Wedding Biz
The Wedding Biz on Instagram:
The Wedding Biz on Facebook:
This episode is sponsored by
Carrie on Instagram:
@harpersbazaarus or @carrielauren
Email Carrie: carrielgoldberg.com
Harpers Bazaar Bride
This Week's Guest Co-Host,
Valerie Gernhauser owner of Sapphire Events
Valerie on Pinterest@sapphireevents
Valerie's Episode on The Wedding